Skillet Pizza Dip
This Skillet Pizza Dip recipe was submitted by April Okerman as part of The Traveling Apron Recipe swap and it’s not only one of the best dips you can have on hand for tailgating, it also made its way into The Traveling Apron Cookbook.
The creaminess of the cream cheese in this Skillet Pizza Dip makes the recipe “dippable” but the fun really begins with the toppings.
Like a pizza, it’s really endless with how many different flavorings you can come up with.
I like to serve several different options in smaller size cast iron skillets so that everyone can find something they enjoy.
I’ve served it with breadsticks before, as well as toasted baguettes. There’s really no right or wrong way to serve it!
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- Small can pizza sauce, about ½ cup worth
- 1 c. Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- Half package mini pepperoni, or chop 1 cup regular pepperoni
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Top with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Place the pepperoni over the top. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly. You can add pretty much any toppings to it that you like on your pizza. The more the better. Serve with chips, bread or veggies for dipping.
Tomorrow, at noon on WAFB I’ll be doing a live cooking demonstration with one of the Baton Rouge Junior League’s recipes, and it’s quite similar. I’ll have the recipe up in the morning and will later add the video so you guys can hear what I sound like in person.
And see me make funny faces when I decorate pizza!