Mason Jar Cheesecake With Thin Mint Cookie Crust
Do you know what time it is?
It’s Girl Scout Cookie Time.
Every Year. Like Clock Work.
With their cute smiles.
And shy little voices.
“Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?”
And I fall for it.
Every. Single. Time.
Who can say no to those faces?!
I have 2 favorites, but will gleefully eat them all.
Samoas and Thin Mints are the way to my heart.
Is there anything better than a box of Thin Mints?
I’d say there was not, however…..
The Mason Jar Cheesecake with Thin Mint Cookie Crust and Homemade Whipping Cream entered my life.
Baked inside a 4 ounce mason jar I dare say there is nothing sweeter.
Unless, of course, you top with even more crushed Thin Mint cookies.
In a jar.
I hear what you’re saying.
Oh, how I wish I could serve those for St. Patrick’s Day next weekend but they’re not green.
My friends…..don’t serve your guests goodies containing tablespoons of food coloring just to get your food green.
No one wants to head to the parades with green teeth.
Because you know that food coloring colors your mouth green, right?
Instead, serve your treats on green napkins instead.
Still not festive enough for you?
Pop a mini straw into them.
So much so that no one will even wonder why the heck you put a straw in a cheesecake.
They’ll be so infatuated with your mini mason jar, delicious mint cheesecake and decorative touches they won’t even ask.
They couldn’t be easier to make, either.
- 1 sleeve of Thin Mint Cookies, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray the bottom of your mason jars with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine crushed Thin Mint cookies with the melted butter, setting aside about 2 tablespoons for topping. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed cookie mixture into the bottom of each jar. Using the back of the spoon, gently press against the bottom of the jar. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Add the egg.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to your mason jars. Be sure not to exceed the bottom ring of the jar.
- In a brownie pan, line the mason jars in a few inches of water. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, monitoring so that the tops of the cheesecake doesn’t brown.
- Carefully remove the jars from the water bath to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Prepare your whipped cream.
- Place cream and sugar in a chilled mixing bowl and mix on high for 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks have formed. DO NOT OVERBEAT! Overbeating will result in clumpy cottage cheese whipped cream, rather than light and fluffy whipped cream.
- Top each cheesecake with whipped topping, sprinkle with reserve cookie crumbs.
And talk about good! I think it’s my new favorite.
Thin Mints + Cheesecake + Mason Jars = Dessert Perfection.
If you’re not convinced the Mason Jar Cheesecakes should join your St. Patrick’s Day party, check out these yummy alternatives::
This Chocolate Mint Layer Cake looks rich and delicious.
These Beer Pretzel Caramels would keep the male party goers smiling.
And if you’re feeling crafty these Stenciled Clover Cookies look like fun.
Let me know in the comments below what you’re whipping up next weekend!
Thin mints are my favorite and I just received my box last week! These look so good! Love the idea. Pinned. 🙂
I looooooove Thin Mints! If I spot some girl scouts in front of the grocery store, I’m going to get some more!
recipe sounds yummy
quick question – how many portions does the recipe make? how many mason jars do I need?
Hi, Karen! You need 6 of the small 4 ounce jars. If I remember correctly, you’ll have a bit more of the cheesecake filling but your cookie crust will fill the 6 jars. Hope this helps!
Thank you I had a great day to visit this site now that its Ramadan month I need to pick it up a delesious yummy sweet but heathy food for my family.
Thank you, Jenny! I hope you enjoy them!!!
These look so delicious and easy! Just wondering, how many servings/mason jars do I need?