Watermelon Mojito Salad
Hey y’all and Happy Monday! This week I’ve joined close to 50 other bloggers to bring you a week long celebration of everything picnics, potlucks, BBQs, pool parties, porch parties….you name it, we’re bringing you ALL the inspiration to host a cookout of your own. Conveniently we are calling it #CookOutWeek, so a simple search using the hashtag will organize everyone’s recipes. And, we thought it appropriate that we gift one lucky winner with a prize package of everything you might need- including a GRILL!
As part of the unofficial welcome committee for #CookOutWeek (there’s not an actual welcome committee, but if there was I would volunteer to be the one to welcome you!), I’m kicking things off with this Watermelon Mojito Salad recipe that is summertime perfect for hot temperature climates. The ingredients may seem a little wacky, but in my opinion, nothing beats watermelon in the summer. Toss in some cucumbers because not only are they also hydrating, but they’re the “salad” part of your Watermelon Mojito Salad!
A few more ingredients for extra flavor and you’ve got yourself a treat that is easy, fresh, delicious….and pretty to serve.
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 medium English cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine the watermelon, cucumber and fresh mint in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Pour over the salad; tossing to coat.
And speaking of serving, I like to serve this recipe poolside because it’s super refreshing, light and fruity and just screams “HELLO SUMMER!”. Or, at least, that’s what I say when I serve it.
Since we will be posting all week, I’ll be sharing something for the grill, (because hello, one of you will win one), as well as a bite size dessert perfect for sharing later in the week.
Let’s talk about the prize package, shall we?
- Char-Broil American Gourmet 600 Series Charcoal Grill (see specs here!)
- Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard, French Farm Butcher Salt Box, & Confit of Figs & Balsamic Vinegar from The French Farm
- Sauce 3-Pack (Ketchup, BBQ, Veracha) from True Made Foods
- Wimpy’s BBQ Rub, Dilly Dust Seasoning, and Cheryl’s Jamaican Me Hungry Seasoning from Swine Dining
- A Perfect Pickler Kit from Perfect Pickler
- A gift basket of products from Fungus Among Us
- A gift bag of products from Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods
- All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce, Duck Bacon, Duck Wing Drummettes from Maple Leaf Farms
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week with all of the bloggers participating to get some yummy #CookoutWeek recipes. Here’s the full list of participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • addicted 2 recipes • Aimee Broussard & Co. • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Angels Home Sweet Homestead • Bakin’ and Eggcerpts • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Cheese Curd In Paradise • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Cook With 5 Kids • Cook. Craft. Love. • Cookaholic Wife • Cricket’s Confections • Crumb: A Food Blog • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Food Parsed • Get the Good Stuff! • Goodie Godmother • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home in the Finger Lakes • Jennifer Cooks • Jessie Weaver • Kate’s Recipe Box • Life on Food • Little House Big Alaska • Little Scratch Kitchen • Making Miracles • Moore or Less Cooking • Rhubarb and Honey • Savvy In The Kitchen • Seduction in the Kitchen • Simple Food 365 • Style Island • Thanks for Cookin’! • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Hungary Buddha Eats the World • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • This is How I Cook • Tramplingrose • Vintage Kitty • West Via Midwest
What a great salad for those hot sultry days when you can’t decide if you want a refreshing drink or some food. This gives you both hydration and nutrition.
Right?? When it’s 100 degrees here, my brain may want a burger but it’s too hot to eat anything non-hydrating. This salad is perfect for those moments when you need….something!
Yummy! <3 I can't say I've ever tried something like this before, but it looks like the most refreshing salad ever! So perfect for a hot summer day!
So refreshing! Perfect for pool parties when it’s just so darn hot. 🙂
Watermelon salads are so delicious but I always forget that’s an option. The first thing I think is margaritas and then all other thoughts are lost forever 🙂 I’ll have to try to break the cycle because this looks great!
Ha ha!!! Now you have me wanting watermelon margaritas- YUM!!! Adding that to the weekend menu. THANK YOU!!!
Sounds fabulous Aimee! Still have lots of mint growing in the garden! Can’t wait to give this a try!
Our mint is still holding strong here, too! Enjoy!
Oh yum what a refreshing fruit salad! I need to try this.