Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Cookies
Today, I’m hanging out on A Southern Fairytale as part of the Handmade Holidays: Bake, Craft & Sew-along sharing these incredibly easy AND delicious Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Cookies.
I saw the recipe in this month’s issue of Taste of the South, and after over-broiling them the first time around got the recipe and instructions just right for you.
I burn the cookies so you don’t have to.
Don’t you love our relationship?
These Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Cookies paired with a hand embroidered tea towel make a delightful holiday gift!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in thirds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add egg, beating until incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, powdered milk, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, and again beat well until combined. Add in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and then roll into sugar mixture. Place on prepared pans, spacing 2 inches apart. bake until cookies are set, approximately 8 minutes. Use this time to cut your marshmallows into thirds. Once your cookies come out, work quickly and press 1 marshmallow third into each cookie, cut side down. Eat the middle of the marshmallow since it will have two cut sides.
- Set oven to broil. Watching carefully, broil until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool.
I sprinkled a few of mine with peppermint bark pieces and it was fantastic.
And the tea towel? Whipped it up while watching this week’s Real Housewives episode.
I kind of love it and have 5 more on the agenda.
And look, I even made a matching printable recipe card using the 4×6 template on PicMonkey!
Getting a little carried away.
But it’s the Holidays, y’all- totally acceptable!
Thought about you the entire time I chopped & topped with the marshmallows! Hee he!
Ava will totally go mad for these cookies!! They sound amazing and look adorable.
They are sooooo easy! Let Ava help with the marshmallows- it’ll be a fun baking day!
Hi Aimee! My name’s Courtney and I’m currently making the rounds to visit some of the blogs of the folks attending the Mixed Conference this year. Your crafts and food both look gorgeous, and I have a hard time resisting a beautiful apron, so your site already has me hooked! Looking forward to meeting you next weekend!