Today, I’m hanging out on A Southern Fairytale as part of the Handmade Holidays: Bake, Craft & Sew-along sharing these incredibly easy AND delicious Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Cookies.
I saw the recipe in this month’s issue of Taste of the South, and after over-broiling them the first time around got the recipe and instructions just right for you.
I burn the cookies so you don’t have to.
Don’t you love our relationship?
These Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Cookies paired with a hand embroidered tea towel make a delightful holiday gift!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in thirds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add egg, beating until incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, powdered milk, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, and again beat well until combined. Add in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and then roll into sugar mixture. Place on prepared pans, spacing 2 inches apart. bake until cookies are set, approximately 8 minutes. Use this time to cut your marshmallows into thirds. Once your cookies come out, work quickly and press 1 marshmallow third into each cookie, cut side down. Eat the middle of the marshmallow since it will have two cut sides.
- Set oven to broil. Watching carefully, broil until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool.
I sprinkled a few of mine with peppermint bark pieces and it was fantastic.
And the tea towel? Whipped it up while watching this week’s Real Housewives episode.
I kind of love it and have 5 more on the agenda.
And look, I even made a matching printable recipe card using the 4×6 template on PicMonkey!
Getting a little carried away.
But it’s the Holidays, y’all- totally acceptable!