St. Patrick’s Day Grasshopper Milkshakes
Happy St. Patrick’s Day, y’all! Add these quick and easy St. Patrick’s Day Grasshopper Milkshakes to your dinner or dessert plans tonight and celebrate the Irish.
Although they have absolutely nothing to do with being Irish, they are the most delicious and addictive little things on the planet. Even better? You literally need only 4 ingredients. 3 if you don’t care about the thin mint cookie rimmed edge. But let’s be honest with one another, mint and ice cream go together like peas and carrots and you probably care about that thin mint cookie rimmed edge. But if not, 3 ingredients. And only 5 if you want the whole shebang and wish to garnish with mint and be all fancy schmancy.
Let’s get to it, shall we? There’s celebrating to be had.
- 1 shot green creme de menthe
- 1 shot white creme de cacao
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (plus more for the mini scoop topping)
- 5-6 thin mint cookies, finely crushed
- Fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- Crush the thin mint cookies in either a food processor, or sealed plastic ziplock bag. Pour the crushed cookies into a shallow dish, and prepare your milkshake glasses by lighting moistening the edges then placing into the crushed cookies. Gently twist the glass to be sure to evenly coat the rimmed edge.
- Place the creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and ice cream into a blender. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour into 6 ounce glasses. Using a mini cookie scoop, add an additional scoop of ice cream and garnish with a sprig of mint. (both are optional)
Rich, creamy and oh so delicious this is the BEST way to sip on something green this St. Patrick’s Day. And no worries whatsoever about turning your lips mouth green.
These babies have been taste tested and lip approved! By me. Several times.
Ok, fine. I drank it all and had to make them twice to photograph. But in my defense, it’s warm here and they were melting.
Nevertheless, cheers! Have an absolutely wonderful weekend!
And if you’d rather a legit Grasshopper Pie, I’ve got ya covered in more ways than one:
Grasshopper Pie with Thin Mint Cookie Crust