Today’s Mason Jar Italian Margaritas are inspiring all kinds of trips down memory lane.
This June Brian and I will embark on our 7th wedding anniversary. It’s hard to believe we are now on 2 hands! It’s also hard to believe that in that timeframe, and 5 years of blogging, I’ve never shared our famed “Blushing Bride Italian Margarita” recipe we served over ice during our wedding reception cocktail hour.
I cannot tell you how many requests we received for the recipe of that signature cocktail.
Here’s where the memories come in.
The December before our wedding, LSU played in the then Capital One Bowl in Orlando, FL. We were at a Jimmy Buffet restaurant when I fell in love with the Italian Margarita. I said to Brian, “this, this is what we will serve during cocktail hour. But we will need to turn it pink so it coordinates”.
We ordered cases of the Margaritaville Calypso Coconut Tequila and began researching their recipe. It’s rather easy actually: margarita mix, amaretto, and coconut tequila. We added just enough grenadine to turn it pink but not alter the flavor too much and affectionately named it “Blushing Bride” to reflect it’s pale pink color.
With the warm weather approaching, I’ve taken the Italian Margarita a step further and created a frozen version, packed into 6 ounce mason jars, making them equal parts delicious and portable.
- 16 ounces margarita mix
- 6 ounces Margaritaville Calypso Coconut Tequila
- 2 ounces Amaretto
- 2-3 tablespoons Grenadine, for color
- 4-6 cups ice (depending on consistency preference)
- sanding sugar, for garnish
- lime slices, cherries- optional, for garnish
- Rim the mason jars with sugar by lightly moistening the rims then pressing them into a shallow dish containing the sanding sugar. Twist.
- Combine margarita ingredients in a glass pitcher. Once combined, add to a blender with 6 cups of ice and blend on high until the ice is crushed and smooth. Continue to add more ice if you like your margaritas more frozen than slushy.
Hello, summertime picnics!
Neighborhood porch crawl coming up?
I got you!
I pinky promise, swear on my life, this will be the MOST delicious thing you will drink this Summer.
I am personally guaranteeing that.