When you just can’t muster up the strength to bake ANYTHING else, or, when your Santa is tired of squeezing into his Santa suit and blaming you for needing an extra belt notch, these No Bake Cinnamon Roll Cookies are just the ticket.
Cute as a button, packed with cinnamon, it’s a treat you don’t have to feel guilty about putting out.
It’s a modified version of this recipe. If you’re wanting to be really healthy, then look into adding her cinnamon bun protein powder. Our household had no such thing, so I increased the amount of oatmeal and cinnamon and made them work.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup rice krispies cereal
- White Chocolate Swirl:
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a small microwavable bowl or 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine the peanut butter and honey.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds and then stir until completely combined. Add in the vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon and mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the peanut butter mixture to the old-fashioned oats and rice krispies cereal. Mix until completely combined. Use a small cookie scoop and drop rounded “cookies” onto parchment paper.
- White Chocolate Drizzle:
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips with 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir and return to the microwave in 15 second increments until melted.
- Using a piping bag with a small opening tip, add the white chocolate mixture. Or, you can use a small ziplock bag and cut off the very tip with scissors if you don’t have piping tips. Pipe the white chocolate in a circle.
The humidity has been a bit challenging in these parts, 80 degrees one day, 50 degrees the next, so on the day that I used them for a cookie exchange, I popped them into the refrigerator to firm a bit. You’ll want to layer with wax paper if you’re gifting, but otherwise it’s a cookie similar in structure to a chocolate no bake cookie.
And super cute and a bit different from the traditional sugar or chocolate chip cookie that is typically left out for Santa. They’d also be adorable for a Christmas brunch!