The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas Cookies (Day Four)
We had a bit of elf emergency yesterday.
Elves are fine.
Owners are fine.
Just a little bit of life happening and getting in the way of cookie making.
I’m happy to say that we’re back today! And not only are we back, we’re back with one of my favorite bloggers and newly appointed elf owner Courtney from Pizzazzerie.
Courtney and I have been bloggy BFF’s and conference roommates for about 2 years now and I’m thrilled beyond thrilled that in preparation for her new baby (eek!!!) she’s gotten herself an elf.
I could think of no other elf that needed a bow tie apron more than her elf, Fred!
(And no, I don’t have any inside information regarding the gender of her unborn child just because I was first to know her elf’s monogramming preferences)
So without further adieu, here’s Courtney:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate (melted) or chocolate bark (melted)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour and coconut. Set aside.
- Mix the corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir with wooden spoon. Once mixture comes to a rolling boil, remove from stove.
- Add the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture (a little at a time) and stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoon-size amounts of batter about 3 inches apart (cookies will spread) on parchment paper and bake for 6-8 minutes (or until edges are golden brown).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Dip each cookie into melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Let cool and enjoy!
- Yields: 36-48 depending on size.
I’m seriously dying over how cute Fred is with his fabulous cookies and his Merry Christmas Y’all little self.
And if you’re just joining us for The Elves’ 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, then here’s some handy links to catch you up:
Day One: Ella’s I Heart Christmas (Ornament) Cookies
Day Two: Sprinkles’ Favorite Sugar Cookies
Day Three: Buddy’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
See you tomorrow for more elfing…..I mean baking!