TWIX Cream Cheese Ball
The other day I posted a Girls’ Night In get together to take a couple of friends on a tour of our new home, and to celebrate the debut of the new TWIX Bites.
I posted a little video on Instagram of the TWIX’d Rum Cake and the TWIX’y Cream Cheese Ball.
I didn’t think anyone would notice that I was taking a couple of days to get the TWIX Cream Cheese Ball recipe up, but boy did they notice the website was down temporarily yesterday. I got a couple of Instagram requests, a couple of emails, and two text messages…. not saying hello, how are you? More like, “hey, your site is down and I was looking for that TWIX dip”.
So, without further ado.
I bring to you the life altering TWIX Cream Cheese Ball. But before we get to the ingredients, let’s take a step by step visual journey of how you’ll eat this little round ball of goodness.
First, surround your round friend with even more friends. Friends of the graham cracker type.
Then, using a cheese spreader, take a nice little hunk out of the round friend.
Now, spread that goodness onto your graham cracker.
- 1 bag TWIX Bites, or about 12-15 miniature Twix bars (<<< guesstimate)
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Chop the entire bag of TWIX bites into even smaller size pieces; set aside. Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar and brown sugar gradually, beating constantly. Stir in about 25% of the chopped TWIX pieces. Chill, covered, for 2 hours. Shape into a ball. ***Due to the obscene amount of Louisiana humidity, at this point your ball will be sticky and messy because it didn’t set properly. Use cling wrap and shape your ball, otherwise it will be a hot mess***. Double the cling wrap and place your ball into the freezer for about another hour. Once firm, unwrap the cling wrap, reshape if necessary and place the ball onto the remaining TWIX pieces. Apply TWIX pieces to all exposed areas of the ball, filling holes as you go. If not serving immediately, place in refrigerator. Serve chilled with graham crackers.
Good luck walking away from this one.