Strawberry Prosecco Fizz Slushies
Today I’ve partnered with Sweet’N Low® Zero Calorie Sweetener on behalf of Socialstars to bring you these ridiculously delicious and easy to make Strawberry Prosecco Fizz Slushies. #donthesitaste
I’ve been giving my blender quite the work out lately and these Strawberry Prosecco Fizz Slushies is no exception. This is THE perfect summertime cocktail for your next ladies night or holiday celebration (July 4th is right around the corner, guys) when the temps are soaring and you don’t want to serve wine that’s boring. Hey! That’s a fun little rhyme.
Fresh from the farm strawberries combined with your favorite bubbly Prosecco, the drink is both light and fruity….and oh so yummy.
Not only does it taste great, but it’s also the perfect “girlie” cocktail to serve when the gang’s all coming over to your place. It’s bubbly. It’s fizzy (is that the same as bubbly?). It’s slushie. It’s pretty. And, it’s made with a simple sugar substitution….so it’s saving your girlfriends a few calories, too. I swapped the recommended 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar for 1 tablespoon of Sweet’N Low® Zero Calorie Sweetener and I’m quite certain that no one noticed.
The added sweetness brings out the flavor of the strawberries while giving the Prosecco a sweet little kick.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Sweet’N Low® Zero Calorie Sweetener, about 4 packets (or 2 tbsp sugar)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- Garnish: strawberries, mint
- In the container of a blender, combine strawberries, mint, sweetener, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Remove from blender and while using a spatula press strawberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a mason jar/bowl. Once strained, rinse out the blender. Add the Prosecco to the blender, 8-10 tbsp of the strawberry mixture (more if you want it more berry flavored), and 3 cups of ice. Blend until ice is smooth and there are no remaining large chunks. Garnish with a strawberry and sprig of mint. Serve immediately or place in freezer until ready to serve.
Don’t forget to label your concoction so people know what they’re grabbing.
Set out a tray of the Strawberry Prosecco Fizz Slushies garnished with mint and an extra strawberry and watch them disappear in moments!
And since we’re talking about simple substitutions, have you mastered substituting the sugar in your coffee with sweeteners? To be honest, I have not. For whatever reason, I can taste the difference in my coffee so I’m trying to cut corners in other ways (baking, cocktails, etc) so I can still splurge in the mornings. I did, however, try these cookies and was pleasantly surprised!
Are you ready to make YOUR summer even sweeter? Come hangout with Sweet’N Low® on their summer sampling tour to try some Sweet’N Low® sweetened iced tea, play fun games and snap hilarious pictures of all the fun. Be sure to mention the Aimee Broussard Blog at the event for a special gift!
See if your area is located on the tour and how you can meet up with Sweet’N Low® this summer at: sweetnlow.com/tour. Also be sure to check out their website for more delicious recipes using the Sweet’N Low® sweetener!