Typically, you’ll be hard pressed to get me excited about eating zucchini, however, my Shrimp & Edamame Zoodle Stir Fry will have you running out to purchase a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles (zoodles) of your own…forgetting all about your aversion to zucchini.
Just me with an issue with vegetables? That’s ok, all the more reason that this recipe will appeal to even the pickiest of eaters.
Don’t worry about peeling the zucchini prior to spiralizing. You need the skin to help the noodles retain their shape, otherwise, you’ll have a sloppy mess.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized and patted dry with paper towel
- 1 package shelled edamame, steamed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they begin to turn pink, turning once, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add in additional tablespoon of vegetable oil and in the same pan you cooked the shrimp, stir in the zucchini zoodles; continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the edamame, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds; toss and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and serve.