- 1 large pimento or sweet red bell pepper, halved
- Olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pepper halves on baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with
- salt. Roast until skin is blistered, about 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the peels, chop, and place in a large bowl.
- Add cheese, mayonnaise, red onion, garlic, and black pepper. Gently stir until pimentos are evenly mixed, and mayonnaise binds with cheese. Add salt to taste.
Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of pimento cheese in center of your slider hamburger patty. Top with another hamburger patty, pressing edges to seal. Sprinkle with salt. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 350°–400°. Grill burgers with lid closed 4-6 minutes on each side, or until beef is no longer pink. Serve on buns with desired toppings.
So perfect for tailgating or watching the game at home. And I totally hear what you’re saying, “she said she stuffed them, but I don’t see no cheese stuffin”.
Bring it, pimento cheese.
And wait!!!! I have more good news for you!
Not only am I sharing a sneak recipe from my new cookbook, but I’ve also joined forces with some ladies to provide YOU an opportunity to win a $100 gift card courtesy of WAYFAIR ! You could choose from one of their MANY slow cookers (click HERE), or any one of a million other things that will make your Super Bowl Party the biggest winner of the night!
Insert rafflecopter code: a Rafflecopter giveaway