Sumertime BBQs are calling and this Quick & Easy Fiesta Veggie Dip will have your guests ballin’!
(Forgive the cheesy pun, but nothing else that rhymed with calling was working)
I don’t know about you, but my favorite part of any gathering that includes food is hands down, the appetizers. They are a casual way of immediately putting guests at ease, giving them something to do (hello, snacks!), and ensures no one will starve to death while waiting for the main course. They can be as simple as a homemade dip for eating chips or veggies during family movie night, bite-sized pizzas for cheering on your favorite sports team, or maybe something a little more elegant prior to a dinner party.
But more than for their function, I love that appetizers are an invitation to explore your creativity and to deliver something delicious and memorable….all in bite size form!
While veggie dip isn’t the most glamorous offering on the appetizer table, it is essential for your friends and family trying to keep things light and healthy. My Fiesta Veggie Dip is perfect for quite literally any gathering you have.
- Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium bell peppers, for serving
- Assorted raw vegetables for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- You can either lay the bell pepper on its side and make a horizontal slice just above the stem, creating a boat or you can slice off the top and sit the pepper upright. Remove the top pieces and remove the membrane and seeds. Fill the peppers with the veggie dip. Serve chilled with raw vegetables.
Great for BBQs, cookouts, and even Cinco de Mayo celebrations because of it’s colorful presentation. Hollowing out some bell peppers to use as serving vessels?
Well, that’s a way to not only serve the dip beautifully but also saves on dirtying any extra dishes.
Here’s some more of my favorite appetizers: