This CranApple Breakfast Bread recipe rounds out my third (and final, although you could keep going and going with all things cranapple saucy) recipe utilizing leftover cranberries after making my Homemade Cinnamon CranApple Sauce.
With Christmas right around the corner, this streusel-topped CranApple Breakfast Bread is perfectly festive and a great addition to have on hand for any overnight guests you have, or to simply have for yourself.
Slightly warmed with a cup of coffee, you have everything you need to kick off Christmas morning on the right foot.
- 2 cups apples (peeled, cored and chopped)- about 2 medium apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter (cold, cubed)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and lightly flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples, sugar <g class=”gr_ gr_54 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep” id=”54″ data-gr-id=”54″>and</g> oil. Add the egg and mix well. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda <g class=”gr_ gr_55 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep” id=”55″ data-gr-id=”55″>and</g> cinnamon. Add to the apple mixture; stirring just to combine. Fold in the cranberries, carefully if using fresh.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer.
- Make the streusel:
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and the cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the top of the bread dough, using your fingers to gently press the streusel into the dough.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 to 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from the pan.
- Wrap in plastic wrap to keep fresh. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
The great thing about breads, or casseroles even, is the ability to make them ahead of time.
Simply heat and eat.
Here’s the links to the other recipes if you’re looking for more cranberry love: