I’ve been tinkering with some muffin recipes for an upcoming project I’m working on, and these Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins were at the top of the list. The entire batch comes together in less than 30 minutes, so there’s absolutely no excuse for not adding these guys into your weekend breakfast plans.
Every year we go to a semi-local blueberry U-Pick farm and even though I make pies, cobblers, and sometimes jellies….we still end up with tons of blueberries to freeze. I just get so carried away when picking them that I want to fill up my bucket, and my husband’s too.
It’s so fun baking with an ingredient you picked yourself!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups blueberries, dusted in flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs together with the sugar until creamy. Add the butter, vanilla and sour cream. Add the dry ingredients, a little at a time to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined, but do not overbeat. Gently fold in the blueberries. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups about ¾ full.
- For the topping: Use a pastry cutter (or two forks) and combine all ingredients together. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes; or until the muffins puff up and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
The recipe is probably similar to something you’ve made before but I added in some baking soda and l was so pleased how nice and tall these muffins rise. It’s like they’re wearing little sugar-coated top hats.
And speaking of sugar-coated. I also added a streusel topping.
If you’re not a fan of the added sugar you can totally skip it but I love the added crunch it gives.
I know it’s only Wednesdsay, but are you as ready for the weekend as I am?
We’re halfway there!