Quick & Easy Tailgate Recipes
Today’s Quick & Easy Tailgate Recipes post has been compensated on behalf of MorningStar Farms and Collective Bias, Inc. All opinions, however, are entirely my own. #FallWithATwist #CollectiveBias
Can you believe that we are nearly half way through tailgating season?! Where oh where is the time going? With only 3 home games left in the season, I thought I’d throw together a little quick & easy tailgate recipes post that can also serve as double duty… how to throw a vegetarian tailgate that is both stylish and delicious!
I have a friend who has gone vegetarian, y’all. I won’t call her out publicly but she is standing firm in her desire to not consume meat products….even during tailgating season when burgers are a flyin’.
I took it upon myself to host a completely meat free shindig in her honor.
Me. Hosting a vegetarian friendly tailgate. Go ahead, laugh now.
I thought I was destined for doom.
Destined for doom, until I discovered the MorningStar Farms products at Target.
No longer destined for doom, our tailgate had Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers topped with homemade pimento cheese.
Veggie Corn Dogs with a Cajun Dipping Sauce (recipe below).
Corn dogs! Did you KNOW that there are veggie corn dogs available?!?
I’ll be honest, I whipped up the dipping sauce thinking I would need to mask their flavor. How on God’s green earth can a veggie corn dog taste anything like an actual corn dog? I’m a good friend, but just because she has chosen to give up meat, I was certain I would need a little something to convince me to eat the entire thing.
I am happy to report, I didn’t even need the sauce. Incredibly surprised at how good they are!
Note: As with any frozen corn dog, be sure to bake them in the oven to get the crispy texture.
And because the MorningStar Farms products are so convenient to purchase and use, I had lots of extra time to make the Cajun Dipping Sauce, the 5 minute GO TEAM banner, AND some Maple Pecan Popcorn!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Refrigerate prior to serving.
That’s right. Maple. Pecan. Popcorn.
The most addictive popcorn you will ever eat.
And if you’re not a fan of pecans, any nut will work. Cashews or peanuts would be delicious, too!
Here’s how to make the popcorn:
- 8 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly oil a rubber spatula and combine the popcorn with the pecans in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add maple syrup and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a gentle boil and cook without stirring until temperature reaches 290 degrees, about 20 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid scorching.
- Stir in the maple extract and cinnamon, then pour over popcorn- stirring with spatula to help coat. Season with additional salt if desired. Spread on a lined baking sheet, allowing to cool completely before breaking into bite-size pieces. Store in an air tight container.
Have you ever tried vegetarian options, or have any friends who have gone meatless? Be sure to check out the MorningStar Farms products at Target!
They can be found in the frozen goods section and have lots of different options including Buffalo Wings, & Chik’N Nuggets, too.