Do you know what’s better than a cheeseball with cream cheese, bacon and pecans? A handheld cheeseball with cream cheese, bacon and pecans! These Handheld Mini Cheeseball Appetizers are easy to create, delicious to share, and so gosh darn cute to serve that they have quickly become a go-to favorite.
The general rule of thumb when entertaining is to serve dishes that are easy to eat while still maintaining conversations and often standing in a group. I love individual sized appetizers and I love a good cheeseball, but typical cheeseballs need to remain in one central location, need to be scooped onto a plate, and even if someone loves your cheeseball often times they won’t return for seconds for fear of looking greedy.
Mini Cheeseballs to the rescue!!
These Handheld Mini Cheeseballs eliminate that dilemma altogether. Place them in a couple of different locations and the pretzel “handle” allows guests to just grab and continue on their way.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 bag pretzel sticks
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until creamy and smooth. Add in the bacon, green onions, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Chop the pecans and place onto a single layer on a cookie sheet. Using a mini cookie scoop, drop the rounded balls of cream cheese into the pecans, rolling to completely cover. Place a single pretzel stick into the center of each cheeseball. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve- at least a couple of hours to allow the cream cheese to re-harden. Serve with assorted party crackers, or additional pretzel sticks and garnish with a bit more green onions. Makes approximately 10-12 mini cheeseballs.
No need for a plate. No need to scoop and serve.
One hand on the wine. One hand on the cheeseball.
It’s a win, win folks.