Disclaimer: If you’re here looking for a pie to serve to your children for Valentine’s Day….keep on trucking. This is NOT your pie. These Individual Strawberry Daiquiri Pies should be reserved for those of adult beverage drinking age and if that’s what you’re searching,then hey, hey let’s get tipsy on pie today!
Ok, fine. There’s not quite that much alcohol in the pies to get you “tipsy” but it sure was fun to say.
You’ll need to allow a little bit of freezer time for these here pies, but other than that they can be whipped up in a snap.
- Graham Cracker Crust Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- Combine crumbs and sugar in medium sized bowl. Stir in melted butter until blended. Pack mixture firmly into a 9 inch pie (or into an individual size pie tins), pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to bottom and sides. Bake 8-10 minutes on 350 degrees, cool, chill and fill. Note: For individual pies, bake for about 6-8 minutes monitoring for browning.
- Pie Filling
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp rum
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- sliced strawberries, garnish
- sliced lime, garnish
- striped straws, cut in half- decoration
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Press the graham cracker crumb crust into the individual pie tins and bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the strawberry filling, puree the strawberries, lime juice, condensed milk, rum & Cointreau in a food processor until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream in an ice cold bowl on high until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a large bowl and gently fold in 1 cup of the whipped cream, 1/2 cup at a time until combined. Reserve about 1/2 cup for topping. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crusts, smoothing the tops. Cover each pie with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Allow the pies to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with an extra dollop of whipped cream, and strawberry and lime wedges.
Strawberries. Rum. Condensed Milk. A Pie All For Yourself?
Don’t have a Valentine? Well, who the heck cares if you have a friend dropping this off to your house. Because let’s face it, can there seriously be a better pie for your single girlfriends? Nope. I don’t think there is.
Maybe you have a friend whose husband is out of town on the big love fest day (I’ve been there…..it’s not fun). I’ll bet you $10 an Individual Strawberry Daiquiri Pie will cheer her right up.
Dress up your pie with a striped straw and some strawberry and lime wedges and have yourself a little party.
Just keep the pie consumption to a minimum.
And no driving after a lot of pie consumption.