This week, I’ll be headed to the Windy City- Chicago for the mother of all blogging conferences….BlogHer’13.
Excited. Nervous. Terrified. Giddy. Overwhelmed.
Not because I’ve never been to a blogging conference. I’ve been to multiple. But because I’ve never been to THE blogging conference.
You know, the one with 5,000 people.
The one where outside of Internet interactions, I don’t know a single solitary soul.
A Grande Life is hosting a fun linkup party for attendees to get to know each other a little better prior to our arrival and ease some of the unfamiliar fears. Like a little meet and greet.
So, here goes.
10 Things You Should Know About Me
1. I’m as Southern as Southern gets, but I don’t have the accent. So when I say “Hey, Ya’ll” it sounds nothing like it does when Paula Deen says it.
2. I drink coke in lieu of coffee for breakfast sometimes. I also refer to “coke” when I need a carbonated beverage, Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, it’s all the same. Ecstatic that Coca Cola is a BlogHer sponsor!
(PS: I could make those aprons)
3. I have a degree in English and while I try desperately to avoid grammar errors, they happen. With this being said, I cringe when I read blogs who don’t proof read. And when businesses make mistakes? It makes me nauseous.
4. I’m a go getter and risk taker. If you say to me, “that’s a great idea!” then chances are I’m attempting whatever it is that may or may not be such a great idea.
5. When I was a child, you would’ve thought I aspired to be a beautician. I gave all my Barbie’s pixie cuts long before Meg Ryan made the cut cool. I’d also use the curling iron on those who kept their long locks.
6. I did beauty pageants as a pre-teen. And one time while heading to ride in whatever festival I had won’s parade, I sat in melted crayons that had been left in the back seat of the car. Melted crayons + the seat of a black velvet dress = a colorful bottom. And ripped velvet. Not cool.
7. I’ve done casting calls with both Toddlers & Tiaras as well as Shark Tank.
8. I’ve been kissed by Tim Gunn. Not that kinda kiss. But an “air kiss” so he wouldn’t mess up my makeup.
9. 3 years ago I didn’t own 1 sewing machine. Or know how to sew. Now, I own 3 and a sewing business.
10. I make up songs/rhymes for everything and do quirky voices for them, too. One day I’m going to be famous for my jingles. I’ll bet you $10 on that.
If you’re here because you’re heading to BlogHer also, HELLO! I can’t wait to meet you!!
If you’re here because you just wanted to read my 10 Things- also HELLO! Be sure to follow me on Instagram this week- I’m doing some pretty fun activities. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about BlogHer thus far, it’s that they like to PAR-TAY.